loading... Loading...

Phones.com » News » Megafon did not ...

Megafon did not receive Iran 3rd mobile license, company says V.J. | , 11:25 p.m. Aug. 13, 2009 2009-08-13

Russia’s Megafon has denied earlier reports that it had been awarded the contract to be Iran’s 3rd mobile carrier. The company has previously stated that it is interested in a license in the country, however, Megafon has recently said that it will not enter Iran’s market.

"MegaFon does not plan to enter the market of Iran," said Peter Lidov, PR Director of MegaFon. "We monitor opportunities to enter promising markets outside Russia but Iran is not among them", he added.

Last year, the company stated that it might participate in the tender for the license. However, after a series of market studies, Megafon refused to participate in the tender and stopped its work on the project to enter the Iranian market.

Bookmark and Share

Post a comment!

Comment
Username

Your email address

Your website

captcha image
Please type characters shown above