loading... Loading...

Rating: 6
07-02-2022 15:19
(permalink)
In the 70,s I got this recipe from a popular biker magazine called Easy Rider , I don't know if it's still going .

Take a pound or more of roast beef ,and slice it across the grain about
the thickness of a slice of bacon or to the thickness of 3 slices of
bacon.
You need a few tablespoons of onion powder and garlic powder , add as
much as you like , add a little cayenne if you like it hot.
Equal amount of soya sauce ,and worchestershire sauce .
Put the beef in a bowl and cover with the sauce ,stir the powder in .
Let it soak for 24-48 hours , it doesn't have to be in a fridge .
Put parchment paper on cookie sheets and lay the strips of jerky on it .
( that's so it doesn't stick to the cookie sheet, and makes less of a
mess to wash off )
Put it in the oven at around 150 F, or 70C and check every 2 hours, to see how well done or crisp you want it .
If you are going to eat it and make more soon, you can save the sauce for a few days ,or even freeze it
If you use Garlic salt ,the end product may be to salty for your liking . I only use the garlic powder ,not garlic salt.
Way cheaper ,and better tasting than store bought stuff that's loaded with chemicals.

Rating: 0
09-02-2022 13:24
(permalink)
I wanted to make jerky for a family reunion. I have some good recipes too. But found that the thermometer on the barbecue is broken. Where can I order a thermometer with reasonable shipping?td

Rating: 0
09-02-2022 13:52
(permalink)
Thanks for the recipe. I'm always trying something new. I often use recipes that I like. It all started when I tried Bigwig Jerky Co. . After trying their entire line, I decided to find something new. Got busy drying meat in my home. I had a barbecue. I just installed a new BBQ thermometer, which I found through bigwigjerky.com.au [bigwigjerky.com.au]. I started looking for new recipes. I don't know about liquid smoke. I want to make the most natural product for myself. Let it take a little longer. There are enough chemicals in food right now. Unfortunately, you can't buy health.
new message - new message

Quick reply form

Reply form preview

You need to register or login to post to this thread