loading... Loading...

Rating: 6
04-08-2021 14:36
(permalink)
I know there are one or two tradesmen in the group, so hoping for some solid information rather than untested opinions here...

I'm looking at an Australian-cabled 240V MIG welder by CIGWELD. It has a plus/minus power tolerance of 15%, so, 204V to 276V.
The power in my neighbourhood is 180V max, sometimes, depending on what the neighbours are doing at the time.

Anyone with a welding background have any knowledge of whether a 240V
MIG would arc correctly on a 180V supply? My SMAW stick box ticks over
adequately, but doesn't give a clean burn.

Rating: 0
09-08-2021 14:25
(permalink)
I don't think that's a good idea. You can ruin the tool.

Rating: 0
09-08-2021 15:19
(permalink)
Yes, but the power will not be enough. One day, my friend tried to weld a fence for an hour, but he did not understand why his welding was not working at full capacity. It turns out that his neighbors at that time arranged repairs and took away the energy he needed. I believe that welding is an exciting and profitable profession. I recently came across courses on the Internet on welding https://ratemywelder.com/professional-welding-how-to-become-a-welder-and-how-much-do-they-make/ [ratemywelder.com]. I think the training will be very interesting and I will be able to make friends with the guys who will study the same profession with me.
new message - new message

Quick reply form

Reply form preview

You need to register or login to post to this thread