loading... Loading...

Rating: 0
10-06-2021 09:53
(permalink)
Three different players will be on the cover of NBA 2K21 [jakcar.com]. Damian Lillard will be the first to take the stage, as we now know. In a press statement issued on Tuesday, 2K Sports stated that the Portland Trail Blazers player will serve as the cover player for current-generation systems. 
Damian Lillard Announced as NBA 2K21 Cover Star
"In my NBA career, this is a really memorable moment for me. My interest in NBA 2K has grown over the years, and I like how they reflect all facets of basketball culture. I'm a huge fan of the NBA 2K series, so it's an honor to be included among the other NBA legends who have graced the cover. I'm grateful to all of my supporters, and I can't wait for everyone to get the opportunity to play the game later this year." 

It has been confirmed that Lillard will appear on the covers of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows PC, and Google Stadia gaming devices. Following the release of two new game covers for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X on Wednesday, 2K will reveal further details about the game and pre-order availability on Thursday. 

Lillard is the first player from the Portland Trail Blazers to be on the cover of a 2K video game. 2K and Lillard are also collaborating through the 2K Foundations to rehabilitate a community center and basketball court in Oakland that serves marginalized communities. 

"Despite the fact that the NBA has a plethora of outstanding players, Damian Lillard has done an especially outstanding job of portraying the current generation of NBA superstars. In terms of his cultural influence, musical success, and leadership on and off the court, he's the perfect match for our cover of NBA 2K21 on current-generation platforms, and we're thrilled to have him on board." 

When the season was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, Lillard was in the midst of what would likely be his third consecutive All-NBA season, averaging career highs in points (28.9) and assists (7.8) while averaging career highs in points and assists (7.8). It's unknown whether or not 2K will move its usual early September release date to coincide with the NBA's rescheduled schedule of games this year. The 2020 NBA draft is not scheduled to take place until Oct. 16, and free agency will not begin until Oct. 18, according to the league.
new message - new message

Quick reply form

Reply form preview

You need to register or login to post to this thread