loading... Loading...

Rating: 4
14-01-2019 08:09
(permalink)
Apple introduced Live Photos feature with iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus and the feature is present in the latest iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR as well. The Live Photos feature, as you know, is a mixture of movie and still image. That is, a Live Photo is neither a photo nor a video.

Live Photos are being touted as one of those must-have features and we have explained how to get fairly good results with them. That said, Live Photos have a few caveats. For one, they take up a great deal more space than traditional stills. You may also not want to share the whole thing. You might simply want to share it as a still photo and discard the rest. In this post, we are going to teach you how to save your live photos as JPG photos. Just take a few steps.

How to Save Live Photos as JPG Photos.
Live photos are awesome and sometimes they just make you smile. But for most photos, it’s not really useful and it takes up space. Removing live part of live photos could help you to save space and still keep the photos. In fact, we could duplicate live photos to still photos. And keep live photos or delete live photos whatever you need. Converting a Live Photo to a still photo is actually a really easy process, which can be accomplished in just a few short steps.

Part 1. Convert Live Photos to HEIC Photos

Step 1. First, open the live Photo in the Photos app and then tap on share button 
https://www.syncios.com/images/article/phone-voicemail-share-icon.png
 in the lower-left corner. And choose Duplicate > Duplicate as Still Photo. Now you can see a duplicated still photo and a original live photo. Just delete the live photo if you don't need to keep.

https://www.syncios.com/images/article/duplicate-live-photo-as-still-photo.jpg

Step 2. Or you can also turn off live photo function when taking a photo. Launch camera app and you'll find the Live Photo icon, which is made up of three concentric circles at the top of your screen. If the icon is yellow (or gold), Live Photos is currently turned on. To turn it off, simply tap on the icon.

https://www.syncios.com/images/article/turn-off-live-photo-function.jpg

Tips: For iOS devices running iOS 11 or later, your still photos will be saved as HEIC formats automatically. For older iOS versions, your still photos will be saved as JPG formats on your iOS devices automatically.

Part 2. Export Photos to Computer as JPG Photos

Step 1. Now you've saved live photos as still photos, and you need to export photos from iPhone to computer simply. Besides, for iOS devices running iOS 11 or later, they are HIEC photos if you save them directly to computer via USB cable. If you want to export them to computer as JPG photos easily, you should get a free mobile tool -  Download
Win Version
[syncios.com]         Download
Mac Version
[syncios.com]

Step 3. After a successful connection, navigate to content bar on the left. Find Photos > Camera Roll. Check photos here, and select the still photos you've just duplicated. Click on Export, choose a proper location to save them to PC.

https://www.syncios.com/images/mobile-manager/export-heic-photos-as-jpg-photos.jpg

Step 4. For iOS devices running iOS 11 or later, Syncios will convert your HEIC photo(s) to JPG photo(s) and also export the original HEIC photo(s) for you in order to preview or share normally. For older iOS versions, Syncios will export JPG photos directly without any quality loss.

https://www.syncios.com/images/article/save-heic-photos-to-computer.jpg

Summary: Firstly, duplicate your live photos as still photos. If you were using iOS 11 or later, the still photos will be HEIC formats. If the iOS version is older, those still photos will be JPG photos. For HEIC photos, Syncios Mobile Manager supports to export HEIC photos to JPG photos and also keep your original HEIC photos.

Rating: 0
25-11-2020 02:19
(permalink)
Thanks. Share another free and simple solution to save live photos to JPG on PC - use a cost-free LivePhoto Converter developed by the Joyoshare software [joyoshare.com]. It can convert Live Photo to GIF and meanwhile give you access to convert Live Photo to still as JPG, BMP, PNG, TIFF and WEBP in high quality. It is available for both Windows and Mac.

Rating: 0
12-09-2021 22:56
(permalink)
Until this moment, I didn't even think that live photos can be saved and imported. Thank you for such a useful guide! I hope everyone will find out that you can do this!

Rating: 2
12-09-2021 22:59
(permalink)
Thank you for such a useful guide! Although I didn't quite understand one detail. When transferring a live image to jpg, it ceases to be animated. Is this how it should be, or did I do something wrong? I probably did something wrong as always, I hope you can help me! I don't use the computer very often, mostly my husband uses the computer. He's a programmer, so he sits in a stupid computer almost every day. And usually when I have problems with the computer, my husband helps me. However, when I wanted to find out how to post multiple photos on instagram story via a computer [macpaw.com], neither my husband nor I could figure it out properly. Therefore, I hope that it is you who will help me. I don't want to torment my husband just like that. Thanks!
new message - new message

Quick reply form

Reply form preview

You need to register or login to post to this thread